January 16, 2016

Minute To Win It Reward Party

Earlier in the year I showed you my "Addition Facts Hall of Fame" and "Subtraction Facts Hall of Fame".


By middle of the year of 2nd grade, I expect my students to master their addition facts (20 facts correct in 1 minute). For those that have mastered their facts, we do a special party. I decided to do the party during recess this year because I didn't want my other students to feel like they were being punished for not mastering their facts (every child is different and their circumstances are different as well). But I did want to reward the ones that did master their facts because they worked very hard and deserved it.

So I decided to do a "Minute to Win It War" party for the kids that made it at least on the Addition Facts Hall of Fame. I only had about 4 students out of 24 that did not master their facts.

Here is a video of the Minute to Win It Games that we played…


They had a blast playing these games! And A BONUS was that it was EASY to set up!!! I'm not gonna lie, I forgot to go to the store the day before the party to get cookies and marshmallows, so I substituted for things I already had in my room (crackers and gummy bears leftover from another activity that we did).

I would highly recommend doing a "Minute to Win It" Reward party! And I told them it only made since to do this type of party because they had a "Minute to finish their math facts after all". haha!

I hope you enjoy! I would love to hear of other "Minute to Win It" games that you've loved playing with your students.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 photo about me _zps5a2jcevj.jpg